With its roots from centuries of foundation culture, VakıfBank performs all its activities without compromise from its general principles of honesty, impartiality, transparency and reliability.
To increase the quality of services offered by VakıfBank, and ensure fair and honest competition environment, and to organize the relationships with all stakeholders in compliance with the general principles, VakıfBank Ethical Principles have been established on the basis of Banks Association of Turkey’s Banking Ethical Principles, Public Officers Ethical Code of Conduct and other regulations.
All VakıfBank personnel must comply with the Ethical Principles which are created on the basis of VakıfBank’s vision, mission and fundamental values.
In case of any action in breach of the Ethical Principles, administrative sanctions shall be applied within the scope of regulations in VakıfBank’s legislation.
HONESTY AND IMPARTIALITY
- We act according to fairness, equality and honesty principles, and fulfil our duties and perform our services without discrimination as to language, religion, philosophical belief, political opinion, race, gender or otherwise.
- We avoid acts and actions that restrict or in breach of human rights and liberties or that prevent equal opportunities.
- We exercise our discretion in accordance with impartiality and equality principles, far from arbitrariness, and for the requirements of the services.
REPUTABILITY AND RELIABILITY
- We act in a way to ensure the trust of our Customers. We show with our behaviour that we deserve the reputation and reliability required for our job.
- We avoid acts that damage trust, cause doubts or damage the principle of justice.
TRANSPARENCY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
- We provide clear, comprehensible and express information on the rights, liabilities, benefits and risks related to our products and services.
- Before providing any product, service or advice, we effectively assess the customers’ financial capacities, conditions and needs, and recommend products and services within this framework.
AVOIDANCE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
- It is considered that there is a conflict of interest in case of any benefit, which influence or seem to be influencing the fulfilment of our jobs impartially and objectively, provided to us, our relatives, friends or persons or institutions associated with us, or financial or other liabilities related to the foregoing or similar personal interests.
- We act carefully regarding conflicts of interest, and take necessary steps to avoid conflicts of interest.
- Promptly upon noticing a conflict of interest, we notify our seniors and keep ourselves away from benefits within the scope of conflict of interest.
- Together with each investment, service and activity that we are authorized to perform, we assess potential cases that may be against the interests of the customers in relation with the service, and take measures to prevent conflicts of interest.
- VakıfBank Investment and Activities, Conflict of Interest Policy;
POLITENESS AND RESPECT
- We behave politely and respectfully, and show due care to our colleagues and customers.
PROHIBITION OF RECEIVING GIFTS AND PROVISION OF BENEFITS
- All goods and benefits accepted directly or indirectly, whether having an economic value or not, that affect or have the potential to affect our impartiality, performance, decisions or duties, are considered gift.
- We do not, directly or indirectly, accept any gift that explicitly exceed the measure of gift, from real or legal persons with whom we have a service and benefit relationship due to our jobs.
AVOIDANCE OF LAVISHNESS
- In usage of VakıfBank’s buildings and vehicles and other properties and resources, we avoid improvidence and lavishness. We use VakıfBank’s properties, resources, workforce, working time and facilities effectively, efficiently and economically.
- We are accountable on the responsibilities and liabilities that arise during fulfilment of our duties. We are always ready and prepared for public assessment and audit.
- We take necessary measures required by our duties and authorizations, in a timely manner, to prevent acts or actions in breach of VakıfBank’s goals and policies.
- We take necessary measures to prevent any improper action by the personnel under our responsibility. Such measures include implementation of legal and administrative regulations, performing appropriate studies for training and information, and be careful about financial and other difficulties facing our personnel, and act as example to the personnel by our personal behaviour.
- We provide appropriate training on ethical codes of conduct. We supervise whether such principles are complied with or not.
DECLARATION OF PROPERTY
- In accordance with the provisions of the Law on Declaration of Property, And Combat against Bribe and Corruption number 3628, we declare the movable and immovable properties, receivables and debts of us, our spouses and children under our custody, to the competent authority.
BINDING DISCLOSURES AND UNTRUTHFUL DECLARATIONS
- In fulfilment of our duties, we neither provide any binding disclosure, commitment, promise or attempt related to our department by exceeding our authorization, nor give any misleading or untruthful statement.
INFORMATION, TRANSPARENCY AND PARTICIPATION
- We duly provide any information or document requested by real and legal persons, within the scope allowed by the Banking Law number 5411 and other relevant legal regulations.
- We pay attention that any person who is to be directly or indirectly affected by a fundamental decision related to our products and services are involved in one, several or all of the stages of preparation, development, taking and implementation of such decisions, unless otherwise legally stipulated.
USAGE OF MEDIA AND SOCIAL MEDIA
- In usage of media and social media, we do not damage the reputation of VakıfBank or any person or institution, with our ID or by concealing our ID or using misleading identities, in our profile accounts or posts in the media.
AVOIDANCE OF THE USE OF DUTIES AND AUTHORIZATIONS FOR OBTAINING BENEFIT
In case of any event constituting breach of the VakıfBank’s Ethical Principles,
any retaliation against persons who report to the Ethical Reporting Hotline in
good faith, for such notification, shall not be tolerated.
The evaluation process of the notifications made to the Ethical Reporting
Hotline is carried out in confidentially.
Ethical Reporting Hotline (available 24/7)
0850 955 38 45